Being Sick Sucks
Over the past couple of years I have had about a dozen episodes of getting sick after eating various kinds of fish. I eat fish/seafood a couple times a week and haven't been able to determine why I occasionally get sick. One theory I have is maybe sometimes the seafood is undercooked and that’s why I only get sick occasionally. The symptoms are always the same; I start feeling nauseated and get the chills about 3 to 4 hours after eating then about 2 hours later I start vomiting and vomit several times for about 2 hours. The vomiting is very intense with a lot of stomach pain. Anyway that's what happened to me last night. It's been about four months since my last episode. I was basically awake until about 4:00a.m. and then I got up and 7:00, went to work at 9:00 and then came home at about 10:30. I was very tired and only went to work because I felt that I needed to there since I'm off Thursday, Friday and next week for the NY trip. Once I was at work I realized I was still feeling poorly and decided to go home. I fell asleep at about 1:00 and didn't wake up until 4:30. It’s been pretty much a wasted day although I am feeling almost back to normal.
r.m.


4 Comments:
Have you ever considered it a Niacin over-dose? I sometimes get hot, itchy and an upset belly after too much seefood. Not every time like you.
Did you take a multi-vitaman or eat a lot of dairy today too?
Ten.Jed I had not taken a multi-vitamin or eaten any dairy that day. Should I have?
buddy don, I am feeling much better and getting ready for by big week.
Thanks again guys for dropping by.
I think when you have too much niacin like seafood, vitamins and milk products contain is when you get the skin flush and upset stomach.
I was just wondering if you may have over done it on the niacin intake that day.
Glad your feeling better!
great blog - greatest in liquid vitamin world **!**
Post a Comment
<< Home