Moving one of the Twentyagers out of the House
We had our big moving weekend. I never realized that my daughter had so much stuff crammed in one bedroom but she did. We filled up a 16 foot rental truck with all her belongings. She did have a very small storage unit that held some of her stuff but most of her the stuff we moved to her new home came out of her bedroom. We are simply beat to shit tonight. Yesterday we moved boxes of kitchen stuff and whatnot and got her kitchen set up. Today it was the heavy stuff, furniture, etc. We also had to pick up a washer and dryer from her friends house. We got everything loaded and taken to her new home and with the help of her brother and his friend and a woman that works with my daughter and her friend we got the truck unloaded. While my daughter and Mr. Red Molly were getting the beds put together I went shopping for some starter food for my daughter and dinner food. Then I cooked dinner for the three of us and we said goodbye to our daughter and came home. Kids, they sure grow up fast. It's hard to believe that 25 years ago we were just bringing this kid home from the hospital. Here are few photos of weekend:

That's my daughter and her friend celebrating the big mortgage.

Little girl big truck.

That's my son on his Vespa project. He did give it up for a bit to help unload the truck.
That's my daughter and her dad and her makeshift table. We were having the first official dinner in her home cooked by yours truly (Mom).r.m.


5 Comments:
You made time to blog!
I am really interested in the Vespa project...that looks like fun!
Tennessee Jed, Oh, the Vespa project. There is a lot to say about that...so much I think I will devote a post to that subject this week. Thanks for your interest.
I will be watching for it!
buddy don, You are right, getting a mortgage is a hard thing to do. My daughter was determined to own a home and be living in it by the time she turned 25 which will be this month. She has been saving her money since she got out of college and got a "real" job and bought the house all on here own. We are very proud of her.
We are also looking forward to meeting you and ms bd on the 12th. Thanks for dropping by and for the kind words.
Congratulations to your daughter! Yayyy - I am SO hapy for her new home!!
Post a Comment
<< Home