
Last night my husband and I went back to the
Listening Room to see
Spider John Koerner. I had not heard of Spider John before last night (my husband had heard of him from Prairie Home Companion) but after realizing he was on the schedule for the Listening Room and checking out his website my husband and I decided to go. Jacksonville is a town of pickup trucks, good ole boys, jaguar fans, golfers, boaters, fishermen... not music lovers; therefore, we rarely have the opportunity to hear quality live acoustic music. We like to attend the acoustic concerts for the obvious reasons as well as supporting what little music that comes our way. We have a about a million people living in this town and only 10 people showed up last night. A pitiful situation.
Entertainers Celebrities like Cher or Neil Diamond (finger in throat) come to town and sell out. Go figure. Anyway Spider John didn't let the measly number of attendees hinder his performance with his 12 string guitar and harmonica in tow he did two great sets of traditional folk and blues music. He played two of our favorites,
Goodnight Irene and
Danville Girl (which the first few lines sounded like
Mr. Railroad Man ). I think the first time I heard
Mr. Railroad Man was when my husband sang it to me right after we met. I was at the Laundromat talking to him on the phone while he was working the 2nd shift as a computer operator about 29 years ago. OMG, that's a long time ago.

On another note, the boys returned home safely on Tuesday night from Spain. You can tell from the photo that it appears they had a good time. I think the picture was taken when they were on the train to Pamplona; although, they seem so happy and I'm not seeing any visible hoof prints maybe the picture was taken on their way back to Barcelona.
I also wanted to post this picture of the sunset I captured last night on the way to the concert.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Stay cool!
r.m.
2 Comments:
Glad to hear that your son made it home safe and sound! That sunset is awesome!
I'm glad you liked the show and that your son is safe, sound and home.
Great pictures. The sunset photo is stunning!
Post a Comment
<< Home