Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Internet Music Plug

I signed up for the free trial version of Pandora. It's a website the allows you set up radio stations featuring a specific artist or song and then that is matched with other artist or songs of the same genre. The concept is to offer the listener an opportunity to listen to artists that they may enjoy but haven't heard before. It's a chance to get out of my music rut (a good rut I might add). Anyway I think it's an interesting concept and I believe the people involved have done a good job with the matches. Although, one of stations I set up was Iris Dement and for the most part I enjoyed the selections; some I had heard before and some I hadn't. One song I thought was odd was Brenda Lee singing 'Jesus Loves Me'. Of course you have the ability to fast forward. Go to their website and check it out while they have the free trial offer (by invitation only).

p.s. After publishing this post and testing the link I have discoved that Pandora.com seems to be 'currently unavailable'. Maybe they are experiencing a high traffic volumn. Anyway I thought it was cool while it lasted. Maybe their site will be up and running later.


r.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com