Almost Perfect Day
I hope this post is not going to gag anyone but I'm going to brag a bit about how this day has been almost perfect for a working day.
This morning I had to attend a staff retreat at my boss's house from 9:30 to around 2:00. She lives at the beach so I had about a 45 minute commute and I got caught in a traffic jam so that made me about 15 minutes late which was no big deal. We had a fantastic staff meeting and everyone I work with is wonderful. My boss made a great lunch including champagne. Our meeting was very successful and I walked away feeling really great about my new job. After the meeting I was driving around in circles trying to exit the neighborhood and this very nice lady stopped next to be and ask if I needed help and I said yeah I'm trying to get out of this place and get on A1A and she said follow me that's were I am going so that's what I did and wha-la I ended up on A1A. On my way home I stopped at the new Town's Center Shopping area and bought two new sweaters. My daughter had given me a gift certificate for my birthday and I was successful in cashing it in.
Before I got home I stopped at the grocery store to buy some items that I had on my mental shopping list that I need for dinner (Nowhere Nick was cooking dinner tonight). I had all B-things to buy on the list so it was easy to remember: broth, broccoli, barley, beer, bread. He is making a Broccoli Barley Soup.
Wait there's more:
When I got home my son had cleaned up his room, collected and did all his laundry which had somehow moved into my daughter's old room/vespa room and was spread out all over the floor. He also cleaned his room, his bathroom and the kitchen. He said his psychology teacher told the class that sometimes it's good to do things spontaneously. I say let's be spontaneously more often. And also waiting from me was a belated birthday gift from my son. The BOSS's new Born to Run DVD/CD which we are listening to at the moment while we are awaiting Nowhere Nick to come over and cook dinner.
I also received a nice birthday gift from my family in Palo Alto (this is not a proper thank you but I do thank you all very much).
I also learned today that we are getting an extra paid holiday next week on the new job, we will be off Wed, Thurs. & Fri.
What a day. (pinch me)
Tomorrow night I am going to go to my girlfriends house for a birthday celebration. FIVE FIFTY-AGERS having FUN!!!


4 Comments:
Man alive! A beach house meeting with food and bubbly! Son t.c.b., Nephew fixing dinner, nice strangers...gifts!
Molly, if I had a day like that I would go into shock and need a padded room.
I am glad for you! You deserve it!
I hope Friday is even better for you.
Thanks, Jed. It was a good day. I appreciate your visit.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? you had a job retreat at a beach w/ champagne?? I think your job change was definately a good one,, I would say it's going really well, ey???
What a glorious,,, bordering on ecstactic day!! and I would say you are very deserving sweet lady and happy bday, right?
Enjoy and soak it up,, wonderful times!! Yes, you should talk about it a lot! And share it, I'm glad you did! I am basking it myself. And happy for ya.
Thanks Julie for a great comment. You are are great blogging friend.
Post a Comment
<< Home