First Day on the New Job
First day, new job.
(warning....this is boring but I thought it would be a good record of my first day at work)
Left home at 9:06a.m. drove downtown parked on the street at the location of new job at 9:18a.m.
Feed the parking meter with 4 quarters to get me 2 hours of parking time.
Walked around block to entrance of building, took elevator to third floor.
Met coworkers received a bit of training and office orientation.
Reviewed paper files and accounting software.
Set up my e-mail account.
Took lunch break at 11:20 so I could feed the parking meter with 2 more quarters for one more hour of parking.
Walked about 4 blocks and met Mr. Red Molly for lunch. Returned to parking spot and moved car to free parking area on north side of building.
Arrived back at my office at Noon. Reconciled several bank accounts. Set up new files (paper). Reviewed various reports and accounting procedure notes.
Spoke with building representative about getting a parking permit(free) for my car so I can park closer to the building. Also received keys to building and office.
Left office around 4:00p.m. arrive home at 4:15p.m. Crashed for a bit cooked dinner.
I believe it is going to be a good job.


2 Comments:
Glad to hear it is going along nicely!
It can be stressful starting a new job. Even when things are progressing smoothly it is stressful learning the ropes and many new names and faces. Not only do you have to learn your job you have to learn the other peoples jobs and their relationships to each other.
Have a great week!
Sounds like a good first day to me! I remember when I started my new job this year, the parking and what to do about lunch questions were the biggies for me lol
I got tickled reading about you and your quarters ;~)
Post a Comment
<< Home