Saturday, November 12, 2005

Good Dinner

Yesterday being off from work I decided I would spend my energy on cooking a gourmet dinner. I got a haircut (just a trim and shaping) and then I went to the grocery store to pick up the items for dinner. I also was looking for Calvados that I needed for the scallops recipe and I went to two liquor stores without any luck. I just used some brandy I already had on hand. I also went to the nearby Wine Warehouse and bought a nice bottle of champagne that I wanted to have with dinner. I was in the mood for some bubbly. The dinner was delicious and we had the pleasure of our daughter joining us. I made 'Seared Scallops on Spinach with Apple-Brandy Cream Sauce' served with buttered new potatoes and 'Bibb Lettuce Salad with Persimmons and Candied Pecans'. The scallops and salad recipes are in the December 2005 Bon Appétit Magazine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Man! I wish I lived near you. I would mow your lawn, wash your car and clean your gutters for a meal like that.

Hope your weekend is going well!

November 13, 2005 10:01 AM  
Blogger red molly said...

Jed, if you lived near me you would be invited over for dinner but you wouldn't have to do any of that work even though it all needs to be done.

Thanks.

November 13, 2005 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com