Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Marriage Proposal and New Job Offer

Yesterday, I got a marriage proposal and a new job offer; quite a big day. I accepted the job offer but declined the marriage proposal. Ok, I guess I should explain. I have been thinking for a awhile that I would like to get a different job and last week I saw an ad in the local newspaper for a part-time full-charge bookkeeper for a nonprofit that sounded like it might fit my needs and experience. I interviewed yesterday morning and it went very well and then about 2:30 yesterday I got a phone call from the person who interviewed me and offered me the job and I accepted. Today I am tendering my resignation effective November 10 and I will start the new job on November 15, the day after my birthday (a nice birthday present to myself) which is also my bloggerversary date. I'm very excited and will post more about the new job when I get some extra time. Now for the marriage proposal. Yesterday, I had just gotten out of my car when I was downtown for the job interview and a man on a bicycle past me with a smile and then stopped and said "excuse me are you married" and I said "excuse me" and he said "I was wondering if you were married" and I replied yes and he said "Oh, my wife divorced me after 10 years and I was hoping that you could marry me" and then I said "I'm sorry but I am already married" and walked away. The man didn't appear to be drunk or homeless, he seemed somewhat normal, not that I was interested. As I walked away with a smile, I thought I might actually look presentable enough for a job interview. It's a big 'ole goofy world.

Vespa update: My son road tested it last night. I will probably post some pictures later in the week.

I feel really good. I am getting a new job, the weather is great, we are planning a family vacation to Seattle and Vancouver the first of the year, my daughter is happy in her new house, my son is doing well in school, I'm happily married to a wonderful man (and luckily not available to marry strange men) and the Vespa is out of the house.

Life is good!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

I wonder if starting blogging and having a birthday are the way most start? It is so very nice to see things going Red Molly's way!

I hope the Vespa performed well on the test ride.

It is always nice when someone finds me attractive and makes a silly offer, even if I am not interested. Have a great week Red! Sounds like a good start already.

November 01, 2005 4:51 AM  
Blogger red molly said...

Jed, the Vespa performed well on the test drive for about one mile down the road then my son had to walk it home. I'm sure it will be going to and fro soon.

N.N., I guess we will get in our cooking together someday...maybe next week.

b.don, It's a little scary changing jobs after working 10 years at the same place but sometimes you just gotta do whatcha gotta do.

Thank *yew* all for dropping by and checking in on Red Molly.

November 01, 2005 7:32 PM  
Blogger Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Congratulations on the new job! That's very exciting! What an unusual thing to have happened..a stranger proposing marriage. Flattering but a bit frightening too lol!

November 02, 2005 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com