Guitar Pickers
Tonight I went to European Street with Mr. Red Molly and his sister who is visiting from California. We went to see Sam Pacetti and Gabe Valla who are two exceptionally talented guitar players from St. Augustine. Sam plays finger style and Gabe is a flat picker and the two on stage together were phenomenal. We had a great time and our daughter joined us for the second half of the show. Sam played a lot of his original songs the first part of the show and then Gabe joined him and they did some very nice covers. Some of the songs they performed were Dublin Blues, Deep River Blues, I am a pilgrim, Windy and Warm, Fort Worth Blues, Angels Laid Him Away, Wildwood Flower, Orange Blossom Special, 1964 Dodge and one of my favorite songs which happens to be my theme song, 1952 Vincent Black Lightning. (I really need to get some black leather). These guys have an incredible amount of talent and we were in awe over their performance. We were also pleased that the audience were very good listeners.
Seeing Sam Pacetti reminded me of the times Mr. Red Molly and I used to go to the Mill Top in St. Augustine with our friends Rob and Sandi who have moved to NY. One time when we went there to see Mike West with our friends, Rob and I had just a little too much to drink and on the way home we (Rob & I) bought a bottle of wine at a convenient store for $2.99 and sort of passed it back and forth until we killed it. What a night. I think I swore off of anything alcoholic for at least two weeks after that. Rob and Sandi we miss you guys.
Gabe Valla told us tonight that he and Sam will be playing a couple of Tuesday nights in November in St. Augustine at the Creekside Restaurant and I think Mr. Red Molly and I will have to go down there and see these young men perform again which will probably cause us to be late for work the next day...but you know life is short and you gotta have fun.
On another note, my son has informed me that he has received all the parts needed to finish the scooter. He says it will be out of the bedroom and on the road Sunday.


1 Comments:
Sounds like a good time hearing some flat picking!
Rubber side down! To the son of bloggin red. You will have to get some action shots of him riding.
Post a Comment
<< Home