Worn Out Recipe
There is an article in today's New York Times Magazine about the 'The Silver Palate Cookbook". This cookbook has been one of my favorites over the years and one of the recipes that is featured in the article is Chicken Marbella. I have made this many times because it is delicious and a great do ahead party dish especially for a large crowd. I just recently made it for Mr. Red Molly's mother's 80th birthday party and I was delighted to see it featured in the article; however, because I have made it many times I have decided to take it out of my rotation and move on to something else. Give it a try I think you will really like it. I actually prefer to substitute dried cherries for the prunes.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/06/magazine/06food-t.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&adxnnlx=1178464635-WYlM1i9V8MW4dqCF3ZlXBg


1 Comments:
I love well used books that are instructional like that. I have owned manuals for repairs that I bought new and wore the pages with fold marks and dirty paw prints and others I got with older pieces of machinery that had the same use. They tell a story that has not been printed on the pages but worn in with use. There is a Richard Bach book that has pages printed like that, about airplane mechanics, I can't recall the title now, but it was neat...made me think a lot.
By the way how was the bologna gravy?
Post a Comment
<< Home