A Clean Bedroom
On Friday night my date with Mr. Red Molly consisted of eggplant parmesan takeout dinners and a rented video. We were too tired to go out. We watched A Love Divided. We both thought the movie was very good but at times it was frustrating to watch since it was based on a true story and the main characters were in turmoil because of the convoluted religious practices in Ireland.
Yesterday, my daughter and I spent most of the day shopping for a sofa for her new home; we went to eight stores before she finally found something suitable and affordable. Then later in the evening she invited me, Mr. Red Molly and her grandmother over for dinner. She/we cooked barbeque chicken on her new Weber grill that her dad and I bought her for her birthday. We also had roasted new potatoes, fresh corn and salad. He had a good time but I probably had too much of this.
This morning I did the usual weekly grocery shopping and after lunch started cleaning our bedroom. The furniture we have in our bedroom we bought in 1977 when we were first married. The furniture line had several different pieces which one could line their wall(s) with.
To the left is an ad I found of the furniture in our bedroom. However, our bedroom looks nothing like that since we didn't get the entire wrap around furniture pieces. We have the queen bed with bookshelf type headboard, two night tables also bookshelf type, dresser and bookshelf unit. The bookshelf over time became overstuffed with books and other miscellaneous items that we have accumulated over the last 28 years and we had decided to unload it and move it and all the contents into my daughter's old bedroom which is now empty. Mr. Red Molly unloaded it and carried at least 200 books to the empty room and then I cleaned out my closet and just gave the room a very good cleaning. Of course, now the room is neat and tidy and I want to keep the bookshelf in the bedroom with just a few books along with some framed photos, etc. We are going to be selective about what books will make it back to the bedroom and I will try to find a used bookshelf to place in my daughter's old room that will accommodate the rest of the books. It's been a long time since our bedroom has been this clean and that's where I'm headed. Goodnight!


3 Comments:
Nice quote! What's even better is when the books have been read which Mr. Red Molly has read most of them and I'm way behind. Thanks for clicking over to the BPS.
My mom would always say to me when she helped me, and I thanked her (as an adult child) "What are friends for, son?"
It sounds like you are a great friend to your adult daughter!
Thanks Jed, my daughter is a great person and a great friend.
Post a Comment
<< Home