In My Element
If you are a regular visitor to my little niche in cyberspace then you already know I am a lover of doom and gloom at least where the weather is concerned. Today the weather was more gloom then doom; overcast, drizzle, cool but not really cool enough but definitely better then the 89 degrees we had yesterday. Well that's the weather report except for Friday night when we went to the concert and got caught in pouring down rain and had to wade through water up to our knees and then sit in a theatre with the air conditioner blowing on us; but the concert was good. Now that really is the weather report. Except for tomorrow which is going to be really cool with lots of rain from outer bans of Wilma. A good doom and gloom day which I'm looking forward to. End of weather report.
Our daughter and son were good to us for our anniversary. Our son surprised us with a bottle of Champagne on Friday which we opened and celebrated when he joined us for lunch at the Burrito Gallery Restaurant downtown and our daughter surprised us with a bottle of Bushmills 10 yr. Single Malt Irish Whiskey when she met us for dinner at the Bistro Aix Restaurant Friday night which we haven't broken the seal on that bottle yet. We have to behave in some kind of a responsible manner. Mr. Red Molly and I have had a nice weekend although Mr. Red Molly is ailing a bit with a cold so we didn't get to the Magnoliafest yesterday but we have been many times and sometimes it just doesn't work out.
This morning we had a family brunch with some out of town relatives at a nearby restaurant and then I went to a birthday brunch for a good friend whose birthday is tomorrow. Two brunches in one day; the first brunch I had coffee and real breakfast food and the second brunch I just had mimosas. So that was a good balance. With all the eating out this weekend I still managed to cook two really delicious dinners. Last night for dinner I made grilled marinated salmon, mashed sweet potatoes and a very nice swiss chard dish with onions, garlic, raisins, olives and pine nuts and tonight I cooked this chicken dish, corn pudding, roasted fingerling potatoes and salad of red leaf lettuce, apple and pecans tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. All in all a nice weekend.


2 Comments:
You have it all over here at the Blue Page, food and weather (my daily concerns)! Papa's chicken sounds good and easy too. Hope you have a great week on top of a good weekend, you sure deserve it after the week prior!
I love salmon. How do you cook yours and what do you use for a marinade? The best salmon I ever had was grilled and had some kind of chipotle marinade. I've never been able to reproduce the recipe at home.
Post a Comment
<< Home