Monday, January 16, 2006

Sudoku

Today is the first Monday I have had off and been home alone since I started the new job back in November. It feels like old times. I really haven't been able to set a schedule with which day of the week I will have off (M-F) as things have been hectic with learning the new job, holidays, vacation, etc. Basically I'm only off today because our organization is observing the Martin Luther King National Holiday.

Last week was crazy trying to catch up from being out the week before and now our office is moving into a new location and that means I am really going to be busy. I was so happy to be working downtown when I first started this job but we have outgrown our space at the church and we are moving to your typical office complex; no trees, no places to walk to for lunch, just a parking lot and building; but what the heck, if I need a mammogram or GYN or MRI...I'm right there.

I slept in this morning and it felt so good and now I have to get motivated and get some things done on my day off. The first exciting event for the day will be putting a chicken, with some chopped onions, big chunks of potatoes and carrots, seasonings, white wine and chicken broth in my crockpot slowcooker. My daughter wants to call in a crockpot but I insist it is a slowcooker. To me a slowcooker seems to be bit more gourmet-ish. Once the dinner is cooking it will free me up for the rest of the day to do even more fun things like clean the bathrooms, vacuum, dust, and laundry.

Lately, I have a new addiction and it's Sudoku and I plan on making time for that as well today. If you haven't tried it, I warn you it is very addictive.

2 Comments:

Blogger errnnn said...

How was you dinner in your CROCKPOT last night? I'm sure it was tasty as usual.

January 17, 2006 5:08 PM  
Blogger red molly said...

The dinner in the SLOWCOOKER was tasty...thank you very much! As a matter of fact I am turning the leftover chicken into a chicken pot pie tomorrow night for dinner. You want to come to dinner?

January 17, 2006 7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com