Sunday, December 18, 2005

English Pudding

The weather here has been somewhat wintry with overcast skies, plenty of rain and cool temperatures and that has inspired me to get started on some Christmas baking. My daughter and I got together and baked today. She needed to make cookies for a Christmas cookie exchange party and I wanted to make one of the desserts that I will be serving on Christmas. She made tiny chocolate chip cookies from The Gourmet Cookbook and I made an English Pudding with Cranberries and Figs from a Bon Appetit Magazine/December 1996. I have made this a couple of times since 1996 and Mr. Red Molly was requesting it for this Christmas. It will go in the refrigerator and I will re-warm it on Christmas day and serve it with a Brown Sugar Hard Sauce. It smelled so wonderful when it was cooling and Mr. Red Molly said that it was a very special dessert with all the wonderful ingredients and the effort that was put into making it. Here’s the recipe and a photo of my daughter cooking. We had a nice time. Thanks errnnn.





5 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Your story of kitchen time with the daughter makes me think of a tv ad that touched me in the same way.

In this ad the mother is cooking with her twenty-ager and she keeps flashing back to seeing her daughter as an eight year old in the same kitchen.

It is nice to hear sweet things are being made and I don't mean just the cookies and pudding.

December 19, 2005 9:18 AM  
Blogger red molly said...

Thanks Jed, My daughter is not all that inspired with cooking so it was a treat to get her in the kitchen.

December 19, 2005 7:44 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Oh, that is such a great story and what a wonderful kitchen you have!! Really, that is some kitchen!! I want your kitchen.. can I have your kitchen...

and sweet memories mostly, that is precious, what the holiday are for really when it comes down to it

and a wonderful kitchen, again let me say it, tee hee

December 19, 2005 10:48 PM  
Blogger red molly said...

bd, Craisins is what I actually used. I believe the first time I made the pudding I was able to find dried cranberries but now all I could find in the market were craisins. If I lived in an area were you can find just about anything I would seek out dried cranberries. Sorry for this long winded comment and to answer your question...craisins will work just find.

December 20, 2005 7:21 AM  
Blogger red molly said...

Julie, Thanks for the compliment on my kitchen. We live in a forty-five year old house and about 5 years ago when we had the house almost paid for we bought it again at the bank and did a total renovation. The kitchen is my favorite room in the house. I did the design and have been really pleased with the results. I don't think I would change anything. Come down to Florida and cook with me something.

Thank you all for dropping by.

December 20, 2005 7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com