Thursday, December 15, 2005

Prine Time the Best Time

I have been to a good many concerts this year manly because that is about all there is to do in this great bold city of the south and without a doubt the John Prine concert is my favorite of the year. IT ROCKED!!!! He is such a great entertainer, down to earth and with a couple of really talented musicians who have been by his side for 11 years, Jason Wilbur and Dave Jaques. Here is the set list and a couple of really bad photos. My excuse for the bad photos is bad lighting, too far away from the subject and generally not having a clue as to how to use my camera.

1. Spanish Pipe Dream
2. Flag Decal won’t get you into Heaven
3. The Speed of the Sound of Loneliness
4. Storm Windows
5. Souvenirs
6. Fish & Whistle
7. Glory of True Love
8. Taking A Walk
9. All the Best
10. Angel from Montgomery
11. Long Monday
12. Crazy as a Loon
13. It's A Big Old Goofy World
14. Other Side of Town
15. Sam Stone
16. She is My Everything
17. Ain't Hurting Nobody
18. Some Humans ain't Human*
19. Hello in There
20. Lake Marie


Encore
21. Christmas in Prison
22. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
23. Sweet Revenge
25. Paradise


*change of lyrics John Prine said "Asshole from Texas" instead of "Cowboy from Texas" and even in this big ass republican city he got a big ass applaud.

All in all the concert was just wonderful except for a few losers and boozers who wanted to talk during the time John Prine was telling us great stories and these folks would also yell out all kinds of shit...like "we love you John", "we love you dearly John", etc.

It's A Big Old Goofy World.

John Prine You Rule, I love you dearly!!!

Here are the lousy photos (if you click on them and enlarge them there may be some redeeming factors): Also I forgot to mention that R.V. Morris from East Tennessee/Knoxville opened for John Prine and he is in the first picture where he was invited back on stage and they performed Paradise together. I wasn't sure if any of my Knoxville blogging friends had heard of him but I thought he was a pretty good songwriter/singer.






















On a side note, I have tomorrow off...Yay!!! I can't deal with a 5 day work week very often. I'm spoiled.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Sounds like a real nice time!

I think the photos are fine, who wants to tote a gigapixel camera to a show anyway! Hope you have a great weekend, thanks for the Christmas greeting!

December 17, 2005 12:27 AM  
Blogger red molly said...

Thanks to you both, buddy don and t. jed, for stopping by and reading about my concert activities.

December 17, 2005 7:53 PM  
Blogger errnnn said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 18, 2005 1:47 AM  
Blogger errnnn said...

The missing years?

December 18, 2005 1:49 AM  
Blogger Deb @ Sugarfused said...

I've definitely got to see him again. It's been years...he's one of my favorite singer/songwriters ever.

So glad you had a good time!

December 20, 2005 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com