Monday, April 24, 2006

Kid's Stuff

Work has slowed down a bit and I have taken the day off. I cleaned the house on Sat. and Sun. and Mr. Red Molly got us caught up with the laundry over the weekend so today was just a nice day to relax and read tour books for our vacation. My son is cooking dinner tonight and I plan on staying in the relaxing mode the rest of the day. Last night I cooked the famous red molly fried shrimp which was supposed to be dinner for 10 but because of various circumstances it was just six of us which consisted of my immediate family, my son's girlfriend and my husband's mother. I cleaned a boatload of shrimp yesterday but not needing all that I cleaned I just froze a couple of pounds which means sometime this week I'll pop them out of the freezer and cook them with pasta. Almost instant dinner; the kind I like to have after working all day.

We had a nice time last night and after dinner while Mr. Red Molly was driving his mother home I told the "kids" they were "it" on cleaning up the kitchen. They were quiet the entertaining bunch as I sat in the living room listening to my son giving the girls a hard time and trying to get out of cleaning up. As you can see in the photo below it looks like they were having a little too much fun.




















Here is my son with his girlfriend donning their new t-shirts. They are very excited about moving to NYC. (more on that later)

5 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Sounds like a great day at the Red Molly's! You have such a nice family I am very happy for you.

April 24, 2006 8:50 PM  
Blogger red molly said...

Thanks Jed. We do have a fun time together.

April 24, 2006 9:33 PM  
Blogger red molly said...

Thanks buddy don, I hope Manhattan is ready for these wild 'yungns'.

April 26, 2006 7:32 AM  
Blogger Deb @ Sugarfused said...

I remember dreaming of moving to New York when I was their age. Needless to say, I never wandered too far from home. Actually, I never wandered anywhere lol!

Buddy Don can be your spy ;~)

Hope you've had a good rest of the week. Sorry I don't get by as often as I'd like but I'm glad to read that you're doing okay!

April 29, 2006 7:13 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

What a nice weekend day! Your kids look like a blast!

May 02, 2006 7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com