Stuff that Works
I want to thank everyone that has been stopping by and visiting the Blue Page Special lately. My life has been one big wild ride since I got the new job. I haven't had time to post thank you comments or really spend time reading other blogs but I know things will get better soon. I'm sure after working on the new job a year it will be easier. But life goes on.
Tonight Mr. Red Molly and I went over to my daugters home and I cooked dinner (pasta with zucchini and a bunch of other stuff...very nice) while my daughter was outside doing some woodworking for one of her closets in her home. She has two. I'm making this pasta dish and she comes in to help out and I ask her if she has a microplane grater and she commented that her kitchen was not a Williams Sonoma kitchen like mine. Which I thought was funny I do have a nice kitchen but it is not Williams Sonoma.
Tomorrow Mr. Red Molly, my daughter, maybe Nowhere Nick and myself are headed over to Suwannee Springfest for the day. You might remember last year it was a wash out. But tomorrow the weather is going to be great; cool and cooler. The best. Here's the line up. Wish you were there. I will take pictures.
Here are lyrics from Guy Clarks' song Stuff that Works which I thought of when I was posting this blog and who I will see tomorrow and hope that I can here him sing this song.
I got an old blue shirt
And it suits me just fine
I like the way it feels
So I wear it all the time
I got an old guitar
It won't ever stay in tune
I like the way it sounds
In a dark and empty room
I got an old pair of boots
And they fit just right
I can work all day
And I can dance all night
I got an old used car
And it runs just like a top
'tI get the feelin it ain't
Ever gonna stop
Chorus
Stuff that works, stuff that holds up
The kind of stuff you don't hang on the wall
Stuff that's real, stuff you feel
The kind of stuff you reach for when you fall
I got a pretty good friend
Who's seen me at my worst
He can't tell if I'm a blessing
Or a curse
But he always shows up
When the chips are down
That's the kind of stuff
I like to be around
Chorus
I got a woman I love
She's crazy and paints like God
She's got a playground sense of justice
She won't take odds
I got a tattoo with her name
Right through my soul
I think everything she touches
Turns to gold
Chorus


1 Comments:
Busy, busy, busy! I understand started a new one myself over six months ago. Have much fun at the fest and we shall see you on the web!
Post a Comment
<< Home