Thursday, January 31, 2008

Killer Shot/Comfort Food

After getting a cortisone shot in my knee last Thursday by Friday I was a new person. I could not believe how a shot that was sooooo painful to get delivered me painless within a couple of hours. I have to tell you I thought I was going to pass out during the few seconds it took for the doctor to give me the shot. By the time he gave me the final and 4th push of the needle I was lying on my side shouting something which might have been obscenities. Ok, that is behind me now and I am progressing nicely and have managed to make a couple of really good dinners this week.

I made shredded chicken tacos which is originally a shredded pork taco recipe but I used chicken and they where the best tacos I think I have ever eaten. You can find the recipe here. The other tasty dinner I made this week was from my new cookbook.I made two recipes from the book; Roasted Chicken on Boston Lettuce Salad with Boiled Potatoes and Cauliflower Gratin. It was a very delicious and comforting meal and perfect for a cool Monday at the end of my weekend. (I always have Monday's off).


1 Comments:

Blogger buddydon said...

tiz a'gittin sos ever time i cum to yer site i go away hongry! i am verr glad ye gut sum relief frum the knee pane.

February 01, 2008 9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com