Monday, August 29, 2005

Got Books?

Keeping with my cleaning theme, today I cleaned my son’s room removing even more books from shelves in his closet. First of all if you have been reading my blog for a while you may know that I work part-time Tuesday - Friday and I typically like to spend Monday's recovering from the weekend and chilling out but today I wanted to get my son's closets cleaned out since they were crammed with books, photos, old LP's, you name it.

A little over four years ago we did a total renovation/remodel on our forty year old home. We had been living in it since 1987 and done very little and it needed new everything. At the time my son was not living at home and we had the closets in his room custom made to accommodate our LP's and books, etc. Then in March of last year he 'moved back home' saying that he was only going to sleep on the sofa for a couple of weeks and then move out again. Well that was about 17 months ago and he is still living here so I decided that I would try to give him more space and I moved our stuff out of his closets (except for the LP's). I'm such a nice mom. Actually I cleaned and emptied out his room because he was living in a shit pile saying that he had no room for his stuff and now he has no excuse and better get a grip and keep his room picked up. A 23-year old should be able to clean up after himself and keep things like wet towels and beer bottle caps off the relatively new hardwood floor.

I have now accumulated a very large pile of books that I have sitting in the middle of my daughter's old room. As I mentioned in yesterday's post I will be shopping for a large used (cheap) bookshelf.

My son asked us today if he can put his newly painted Vespa parts in his sister's old bedroom so it can 'cure'. He said it needed to be in an air-conditioned climate for 5 days and then he could put the motor in and whatever else that is involved in the process of putting that thing back together. I told him he could 'cure' the Vespa in the bedroom but not to get any ideas about turning his sister's bedroom into a garage. I nixed that in a hurry.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

Dang RM it had better be a sturdy cheap bookshelf! Perhaps you could buy an auto parts shelf for books and Vespa parts.

August 30, 2005 5:02 PM  
Blogger red molly said...

buddy don, It's never a dull moment when we are dealing with our twenty-agers especially our son; he keeps up hopping.

T.Jed, Funny...That's what I need is an auto parts shelf to encourage my son. Gee, why didn't I think of that.

Thanks to you both for stopping by as always it's appreciated.

August 30, 2005 7:16 PM  
Blogger Tennessee Jed said...

I was hoping you would get the humor, and not think me a smart astronaut. Just trying not to make matters...

August 31, 2005 8:25 PM  
Blogger red molly said...

T.Jed, I hope you are not taking my comment seriously, I am always grateful for your comments and don't think of you as a smart astronaut...Just a smart guy.

August 31, 2005 9:23 PM  
Blogger Mauren Mureaux said...

Hi there...traveled over from "Small Town Rambles"...

Buy a bookshelf? Never!! All of our were discovered treasures the night before trash day! We brought them in, cleaned them up, painted them or whatever and voila!

One is so sturday i have all of my stoneware, pilsner glasses and cookbooks on it in the kitchen!!

Mmmm, booooooooks!!!

~Suz~

September 01, 2005 11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com