Chicken, Drunkard Style
Just for informational purposes, Mr. Red Molly and I went out on Sunday and bought a new TV so we don't have to rearrange the furniture and watch movies on the computer monitor with wires hanging everywhere. Isn't that like white trash? It reminds me of the times when I was growing up and when the big TV didn't work you just sit the little portable on top.
Today I worked a long day, dropped Mr. Red Molly off at 7:30 a.m. and picked him up at 4:15 p.m. but he had a last minute call so I had to wait for him to get off for 30 minutes. We drive together some days since we both are working downtown. My old schedule was get to work about 9:30 and get home at 4:00. I'm not complaining just trying to get acclimated. I started making dinner as soon as I walked in the door. I got this great book from my friends in upstate New York (thanks Rob and Sandi, I have been trying to e-mail you) for my birthday and tonight I'm cooking from it. The book is hallelujah! the welcome table by Maya Angelou and this is what's in the oven and on top of the stove at the moment:
Decca's Chicken, Drunkard Style
Cabbage with Water Chestnuts
These dishes will be complimented with a leftover lentil and rice dish Mr. Red Molly made us for dinner last night.
On the Chicken recipe the first order of business is to drink a glass of Chardonnay and dump the rest in the pot with the chicken. That works for me. When Mr. Red Molly was looking over the recipe to give me a hand, I said help with chopping the veggies I can handle the drinking part.
I think it's about 30 more minutes and dinner should be on the table.


2 Comments:
I can remember when the television was in a big cabnet as large as a dresser. It is a good thing home computers did not come hit the market then. hmmm food for thought!
I also remember televisions being very large and another thing us little ones would do when the big picture tube and all the small tubes were removed leaving a shell of a piece of furniture was get inside and pretend we were the show.
Thanks buddy don and ten. jed for dropping by.
The dinner was delicious and soooo easy!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home